Effective Date: January 28, 2019
Information that We Collect
We and our service providers collect a variety of information through the Services. We collect information from you directly when you provide it to us through the Services. We may also automatically collect certain information about you and your computer, smartphone, or other device when you use, access, or interact with our Services. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- Account and profile information. We collect information when you create an account, such as your name, username, email address, and the password for your account. We may also allow you to voluntarily upload a profile photo.
- Payment information. When you use the paid version of our Services, we collect your payment information through a third-party payment processor. This information may include your name, billing address, phone number, and credit card information.
- Information you provide to us directly or through the Services. We collect information that you provide to us directly or through the Services, such as when you post information within the Platform or on our Blog, or when you communicate with us through the Services, such as through any “Contact” or “Help” feature on the Website or Services.
- Information collected automatically. When you use our Services, we or our third-party service providers may automatically receive and record certain information. For example, this may include your device’s IP address, information about your use of the Services during your current session and over time (including the pages you view and the files you download), the date and time of your visit, how you interact with the Services including mouse movements and mouse clicks, links you click, searches conducted, the website visited before navigating to the Services, your software and hardware attributes (including browser and operating system type and version, device type, and device identifiers), and your general location inferred from IP address. To obtain such information, we or our third-party service providers may use the following technologies to recognize your device and collect information about your Services usage:
- Server logs. When you use the Services, we automatically receive and record certain information from your computer (or other device) and your browser. To obtain such information, we may use server logs or applications that recognize your device and gather information about its online activity.
- Web beacons, tags, pixels, and similar technologies. The Services or the emails that you receive from engageLively may use an application known as a “web beacon” (also known as a “tag” or “pixel”) and similar technologies. Web beacons are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring data. For example, it may allow an email sender to determine whether a user has opened a particular email.
- Local storage. We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Your browser may offer its own management tool to manage LSOs.
Information We Collect from End Users Who Interact With Your Created Content
We automatically collect on your behalf certain information about your end users who engage with the content and interactives that you create, purchase, and use through engageLively. This information may include the end user’s device IP address, the date and time of end user engagement, how the end user engaged with the content or interactive including mouse movements and mouse clicks, links clicked, text entered, the end user’s software and hardware attributes (including browser and operating system type and version, device type, and device identifiers), and the end user’s general location inferred from IP address. We collect this information on your end users using some of or all of the technologies described above. We do not collect information that directly identifies your end users, such as names or email addresses, unless your content or interactive includes fields that collect such personal information and you ask that we store (and we agree to store) your end users’ entries with respect to those fields.
We do not have a direct relationship with your end users. As such, you are responsible for complying with any obligations to inform your end users about your collection, use, and sharing of end users’ information, including the information we automatically collect on your behalf to provide you with end user engagement metrics and analytics.
How We Use Information that We Collect
We and our service providers use the information that we collect for a variety of purposes, including:
- Providing the Services. To create and maintain an account for you on the Platform, to provide our Services to you, including to identify and report on end user engagement with the interactives you use, purchase, or create on our Platform, to fulfill the terms of any agreement you have with us, to respond to your requests, and for other purposes related to managing our business;
- Communicating with you. To communicate with you regarding your account, updates regarding our Services, and other administrative issues;
- Sending newsletters or other promotional messages. To send you newsletters or other promotional messages regarding our Services. We will seek your consent before sending such messages to the extent required by law;
- Conducting analytics and improving our services. To count and recognize users of the Services, analyze how the Services are used, improve the Services, create new products and services, conduct analytics, and target our advertising, including as described in the section below titled “Analytics and Interest-based Advertising”;
- Providing you with end user engagement metrics. We track and conduct analytics on end user engagement with the content and interactives you create, purchase, and use through the Services in order to provide you with relevant engagement metrics. We do not use your end users’ information for any purpose other than to provide and improve our services for you;
- Compiling aggregated and de-identified information. To compile aggregated and de-identified statistics or reports that we may share with our partners or other third parties;
- Legal purposes. For legal or other necessary purposes, including as described below in the section below titled “How We Share information.”
How We Share Information
We share information with third parties for a variety of reasons, including as follows:
- Other users of the Services. When you create an account, you will have a profile consisting of your username and an avatar, or profile photo if you decide to upload one, that other users of the Services may be able to view.
- When you directly share information. In addition, you may directly share your information with other users when you post questions or comments to other users through the Services in forums that we may create for those purpose, or post comments to our Blog. In the engageLively marketplace, you may be able to share content, templates, and interactives that you create with other users which may show your name or username as the contributor or creator. Please ensure when using these features that you do not submit any information that you do not want to be shared with other users.
- Legal purposes. We may use or share your information with third parties when we believe, in our sole reasonable discretion, that doing so is necessary:
- To comply with applicable law or a court order, subpoena, or other legal process;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or prohibited activities, suspected fraud, violations of our rules or terms and conditions, or situations involving threats to other athletes, volunteers or users, our property, or the property or physical safety of any person or third party;
- To establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- Organizational transfers. We may share your information with third parties to facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, merger, acquisition, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our organization or assets.
- Aggregated and de-identified information. We may share aggregated and de-identified information with third parties, such as by publishing or sharing reports with third parties about trends in the usage of the engageLively Services.
- With your consent. Other than described in this Policy, we will share your information with third parties with your consent.
Analytics and Interest-based Advertising
We partner with certain third-party service providers to collect information to engage in analytics, auditing, research, and reporting. These third parties may use server logs, web beacons, tags, pixels, and similar technologies, and they may set and access cookies on your computer or other device.
The Services may also enable third parties to collect information through cookies, web beacons, and device identifiers, such as IDFA or Advertising ID, for use in online interest-based advertising. For example, third parties may use the fact that you visited our website to target online ads to you on other websites. In addition, we or our third-party advertising networks might use information about your use of the Services to help target advertisements to you on unaffiliated websites based on your online activity in general. For information about behavioral advertising practices, including privacy and confidentiality, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website, and the Digital Advertising Alliance website. You may opt-out of interest-based advertising here and here.
The use of online tracking mechanisms by third parties is subject to those third parties’ own privacy policies, and not this Policy. If you prefer to prevent third parties from setting and accessing cookies on your computer or other device, you may set your browser to block cookies. Although our Services currently does not respond to “do not track” browser headers, you can limit tracking by taking the steps discussed above.
Third-Party Links, Websites, and Apps
Data Security and Retention
engageLively uses physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect your information against loss or unauthorized access, use, modification, or deletion. However, no security program is 100% secure, and thus we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
Your Rights and Choices
You may review your account information on the engageLively Platform at any time by logging in and viewing your profile. You may reset your password at any time through your account profile, and you may also update or change your avatar or profile photo, email address, and billing information. To update or revise any other information about you within your account please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have subscribed to newsletters or other promotional communications from us, you may unsubscribe by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each message. Please note, you will still receive administrative messages related to your account from us.
If you would like to opt-out of interest-based advertising, please follow the instructions in the above section “Analytics and Interest-based Advertising.”
You may have additional rights under applicable laws to request access to, correction of, deletion of, or restrictions on the processing of certain information. You may have rights under applicable laws to opt out of or withdraw consent to further processing, request copies of your personal data, or lodge a complaint with a data protection authority in your jurisdiction. To make such request and/or inquire about such rights, please send us an email at email@example.com. For your protection, we may only implement requests related to information that we have associated with the email address used to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
Information for Individuals Outside the United States
We may implement contractual arrangements, or other mechanisms, as appropriate, to safeguard your information during such cross-border transfers. We also may transfer information to the United States or another country as necessary for the performance of our agreements with you or to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims.
The Services are not intended for nor directed to individuals under the age of 18. We request that such individuals do not provide information to us through any of the Services.
50 Diablo View Road,
Orinda, CA, 94563